Welcome to Year 2!
Our topic for the Autumn Term is ‘The Gunpowder Plot’. We are learning about the foiled plan of Guy Fawkes and his gang, looking at the reasons why they wanted to kill King James I and how they were caught. We have built a model of the Houses of Parliament and are busy preparing to celebrate Bonfire Night at the school with a firework dance!
The children are thoroughly enjoying the creative curriculum, where we are able to include our topic across the timetable.
We have been studying poetry in English, devising our own ‘Colourful Wagtail Poem’, and are now exploring traditional tales using drama and roleplay to deepen our learning. Our current Class Read is The Firework Maker’s Daughter.
Our Maths learning this term will support our understanding of place value, addition and subtraction and multiplication and division.
KS1 SATs May 2019
Thank you to those who attended the KS1 SATs evening on Monday 4th February. Below you will find a PDF of the PowerPoint shared on the evening.
If you are looking to help support your child at home in the run up to SATs, here are a few ideas:
- TT Rockstars to help with times tables
- Mathletics to help with number fluency
- BBC Bitesize for Key Stage 1
- Reading with your child at home and asking challenging questions e.g. predicting what happens next, making informed decisions using evidence from the text
- CGP books that can be ordered through school (a lot cheaper than in the shops!) Order through School Comms.